USA Today bestselling author Iris Bolling published her first novel, Once You’ve Touched the Heart in 2008. This self-published work was the first installment to the popular Heart Series which has captivated the hearts of readers and catapulted her name into the many hearts and minds of romance readers across the world.
In 2011, Iris introduced a new cast of characters in her Night of Seduction Series, and in 2012, she began the Gems & Gents series with her novel Teach Me. It continued with the release of the very popular Book of Joshua I and Book of Joshua II, and further expanded with Symmetry and Phire: I’m Just Saying.
Her next series, The Brooks’ Family Values, introduced her novel Sinergy in 2014, followed by books two and three, Fatal Mistake and Propensity For Love, both released in 2015.
During the year of 2014, Iris also stepped into bringing books to film. She executive produced and wrote The Heart, a television series based on her popular novels. Season two aired in the spring of 2016.
In 2017, Iris dipped into the Contemporary Romance genre with One Spark of Magic, winning her the honor of Contemporary Romance of the Year. She also added another series, The Dunning Trilogy. Her first novel from the series earned her the Best Suspense Romance of 2018, and in the same year she was awarded her third Author of The Year honor.
In 2019, Iris was the executive producer and screenwriter for the indie film project Deadly Sexy. The movie is based on the writings of the award-winning writing icon Beverly Jenkins.
Trailblazer Iris Bolling has been named Conversations Magazine Top 25 Women of the Year because of her experience, knowledge, talent, hard work and sacrifices she makes to help others get their stories told. She focuses on providing jobs and internships to women of color and encouraging others to believe and always follow their dreams and exude power in their own stories and lives.
Iris currently lives in Richmond, Virginia with her beloved dog where she enjoys reading, listening to music, connecting with readers, and of course, is working on her next book and movie project.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2010 Emma Award as Debut Author of the Year – The Heart Series
- 2012 Author of The Year
- 2014 Author of The Year
- 2014 Emma Award for Suspense of the Year – The Pendleton Rule
- USA Today Review – The Pendleton Rule
- 2014 Hero of The Year – The Gems & Gents Series
- 2015 Heroine of The Year – The Gems & Gents Series
- 2016 Conversations Magazine Top 25 Women of the Year
- Book of the Year – Phire: I’m Just Saying
- Cover of the Year – Phire: I’m Just Saying
- Heroine of the Year – Phire: I’m Just Saying
- Villain of The Year – Propensity For Love
- Contemporary Romance of the Year – One Spark of Magic
- 2018 Author of The Year
- Best Suspense Romance of 2018 – The Dunning Trilogy
- 2021 USA Today Bestselling Author